Fungus Mungus' Weird Stuff in Japan

A chronicle of general weirdness I've encountered during my stay in Japan.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Son of Mobile Ayumi Shrine

First, I'd like to apologize for being a little lax in keeping my blog up to date. I'd blame it on the holidays, but frankly, with my family thousands of miles away, I have more free time during the holidays than any other time of year. I'll make a resolution to keep my blog up to...wait...no, nobody ever keeps resolutions anyway, so why don't I just get on with my next entry.

I was doing some mindless window shopping in a mall toy store when something wonderful caught my eye. When I first saw it, I thought I was seeing things. But no.

There it was. Nestled among a scale Ferrari Testarossa, Lambourghini Jota SVR, and several Bitcharger mini R/C cars. A scale replica of the very van that I photographed and featured here last month. Don't believe me? Take a look:



This R/C beauty features the same flares, outrageous wings, and Broadway-stage sized bumper of it's big brother. Not only that, the back hatch opens to reveal a realistic subwoofer system that promises to annoy the piss out of Barbie's Dream House residents blocks away. The really bizarre thing is the color. It's spot on. And all this for only $100.

The only thing it's missing is the mural of Japan's favorite J-Pop singer. But hey, anybody that can drop 100 bills on that R/C super-van surely can drop the dough for a color inkjet printer and decal film to remedy this regrettable omission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home