Fungus Mungus' Weird Stuff in Japan

A chronicle of general weirdness I've encountered during my stay in Japan.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Geek Tupperware

Japan is a land of products with strange names. Companies will often use an English-sounding name for their products because it's chic. Store shelves are littered with products with packaging that have odd, and often amusing English. This phenomenon is known as Engrish. In fact, there is a web site devoted to Engrish.

I ran to Homac (a home/DIY store) to buy a food storage container for some salsa I had just made and ran this little gem:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Every self-respecting geek should have one in his/her kitchen. I bought it immediately, of course.

I wonder what SCO would think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home