Fungus Mungus' Weird Stuff in Japan

A chronicle of general weirdness I've encountered during my stay in Japan.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Hanging out

Japan is so closely associated with hi-tech that it's easy to forget that Japan has its fair share of unusual wildlife. Many people never see it because it rarely ventures into the cities.

The other day, we were driving to Kakunodate, an old samurai village in Akita Prefecture, when we saw this guy climbing up the railing of an overpass. He then proceeded to hang out, watching the traffic go by. I guess mountain life was getting too boring for him, so he came down to see what rest of us monkeys were up to.

I made the driver stop the car so I could get out and capture this rare moment.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Bakflip said...

Bet many more of his companion would go down and see the life near the human civilization. Feed them and they will surely multiply in no time.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home